Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday. We stayed in the hot sulphur springs resort and spa, a place probably built in the fifties and not updated. There was a mix up on the rooms so I ended up on the floor between Ralph and tom who both got in early enough to claim beds. We were literally right on a very active railroad line that had freight trains coming through every hour until about 1:00am with long loud whistle blasts just as they our window. Started riding this morning with an angry dark sky and only 44 degrees. I felt just plain weak. I stopped twice to check my bike. It felt like my brakes were dragging. I kept plugging away. The weather cleared after a couple of hours and the temp rose quickly making me feel much better. The first 29 miles took us gradually up 2000 feet to willow creek pass that topped out at 9600 feet crossing back over the continental divide to the atlantic side. Before we’re done we will have crossed the divide 5 times. The rest of the ride was a declining terrain into walden at 8100 feet and a total ride of 61 miles. Sleeping in a town park with showers in town at the Laundromat. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

1 comment:

  1. Joe
    it seems kind of strange. in one picture your eyes are closed and in the other Caryn's eyes are closed. Boy....you guys do a lot of sleeping.
    Warren

    ReplyDelete