Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday. I really struggled today. I think the accumulated fatigue from the last two days caught up with me. The ride was only 48 miles, but there were two big climbs. Luckily they were spread out. One started at 6 miles and the second at 35 miles. I rode slow and steady focusing on keeping my cadence high to take stress off of my legs. Up the climbs the focus was on completing goals of very short distances and after a while I found myself at the top with a good downhill for recovery. We’re staying in Jackson , Montana camped out on a lawn behind the Jackson hot springs resort. The town has a stated population of 38 so there’s not much here. Because of the thermal activity there’s actually no cold water here. That includes the shower and all faucets so without ice we’re looking for chilled bottled water. Pretty weird. More lewis and clark sites as we approach the bitterroot mountains.

1 comment:

  1. hey, sounds like a good place to open a Carvel stand . proud of your trip and all you have accomplished
    Warren

    ReplyDelete