Sunday, May 31, 2009

From the Wife

I've heard from some of you great BikerJoe Followers that you're a bit concerned - no word from the man since Wednesday. Not to worry. He's just fine but has been camping in spots where there is no intenet (not to mention hot showers, decent facilities or 21st century lodgings).

But today he's in Berea, KY, will have access to the internet, and asked me to let you know he'll put up a post this evening or sometime tomorrow. I'm sure it will be quite a post - filled with stories about cycling in Kentucky - more adventure than Hans Solo ever faced.

Let me add, before I leave you, that today I was driving on Boggs Hill Road on my way home and came upon a group of cyclists whose destination was most likely not Oregon, but a destination of their own choosing. They looked so happy; filled with life, energy and joy that my
mind flashed to BikerJoe and the experience he is having at this very moment. I'm so thrilled for him and proud of what he is doing. We all seek to grow. We should all be testing our limits. Joe, this is what you are doing now - what a role model you are for us all.

Caryn

3 comments:

  1. dear Wife, thanks for update and reassurance. i did assume that kentucky, outside of Louisville, might be one of the spots getting stimulus funds to upgrade it's grid. keep tracking, ann and david

    ReplyDelete
  2. marci, Karen and FerdiJune 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM

    Here, Here (or ditto to CJ's sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for doing this ride being of the old age of 60. Your blog is very descriptive and interesting. Just take every day for the day, and don't focus on the next day. Keep on riding biker. ERS

    ReplyDelete