Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday. white bird to new meadows 58 miles. Today completed 4 days of riding in Idaho. Every mile without exception has been beautiful. About 80% has been adjacent to one river or another. I’m going to let the pictures tell the story. See below. One little story I must tell though. I was in a bar after our ride yesterday trying to rehydrate when a middle aged woman walked up to me. I had my “Boopah” jersey on. She wanted to know what the significance was so I explained. She went on to tell me that her children address her father as “boopah”. The small world stuff continues.
clarification........."screaming down hill" is what a long steep hill is called not the way i ride down them. i go down very cautiously, stopping often to cool my wheels.

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You're right, the sites are gorgeous! Question: in the first picture (labeled "friday early morning along the salmon river"), is that a house at the top of the rise overlooking the river?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification of "screaming down hills". Makes me feel much better - I was just about to come out there and bring you back home. Well, I will do that - but not just yet. Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, I edidently went "screaming downhill" and you see where it got me! Glad you slowed down....Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey
    the pictures are breathtaking...
    gotta love the Great Outdoors..
    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  5. what's the local take at white bird bar on legend of bob's knob? awed by the beauty you've captured. david and ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the pictures, and the snake river brings back wonderful memories. No words will ever describe the beauty of our country. ERS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I prefer my own image of you "screaming down hill!"

    Enjoy...Ride Recklessly!


    Caribou Talkow

    ReplyDelete